Special focus on young talent
The objective must be to:
- to change the mindset concerning what is considered to be „typical“ male and female interests or role models;
- to acquaint girls and young women with less familiar fields such as mathematics, informatics, science and technology;
- to attract young talent to the own organization and industry.
How can employers and educational institutions collaborate?
Close and stable collaboration allows not only an intensive exchange of know-how and experience but also supports the development of tailor-made options. Such a cooperation can take on different forms: Company representatives can give presentations and conduct workshops at educational institutions; companies can host high school or college students at their sites; companies and educational institutions can cooperate on educational content or the establishment of sponsorships or scholarship programs.
What are key success factors?
- Focus on key decision points like choice of school or college major.
- Start promote relevant values like equal opportunity and fair-mindedness or leadership skills in general at an early stage.
- Win political decision makers and private sponsors as supporters.
Tips for smaller organizations
- Focus on specific educational institutions and concentrate on your specific region.
- Consider integrating other companies into your collaboration with educational institutions.
- Exploit the advantage of smaller size: Take advantage of the accessibility of leaders and role models.