We therefore assure that men and women have the same development opportunities from the time they join our company all the way up to higher hierarchy levels. For us it is very clear: Companies benefit from women in leadership positions. Being part of the ‘Chefsache’ initiative helps us to drive the issue of gender balance in top management positions and thus raise public awareness for this topic.
“Innovation is essential for the success of our company and our customers. Diversity can drive better innovations by offering new ideas and different perspectives. We can only achieve our full potential as a company and as a society, when everyone, regardless of gender, orientation or background is empowered to contribute and grow.“
“In times of tremendous change it is more important than ever to seek for diversity & inclusion – diversity has become a business imperative. So be the change you want to see in the world like Gandhi said and my personal motto. The beauty of diversity & inclusion is simple to describe: you get remarkable results, more innovations and with this it is a critical business driver and pushes digitalization.”
Our track record
- Our Diversity Initiative at Siemens is in its sixth year; establishment of a Chief Diversity Officer function (global responsibility for function and department)
- Awareness Events focused on diversity across most of our key 30 countries and business units
- Establishment of a global diversity scorecard with clearly defined KPI’s
- More than 80 active diversity networks worldwide
- DAX30 CDO Summit initiated by Siemens, supported by Catalyst
- Sponsorship and strategic partnership for instance with Catalyst and ‘Charta der Vielfalt’
- Implementation of diversity principles in HR processes. The result: Since 2002, the share of women in our worldwide management has almost doubled to 15.6%. Since 2004, Siemens has received more than 100 diversity awards, certificates and recognitions.
- We offer a broad portfolio of measures supporting a better work-life-balance
- Management and facts: Employees
- Diversity at Siemens on Facebook