If you want to be successful, you have to be open to different ways of thinking, different lifestyles, and a wide variety of experience. Mixed teams boost creativity and enhance our innovative strength. They help us find better solutions for the different markets of the world and increase our productivity. We at Evonik meet diversity with diversity.
We foster a transparent performance culture in which every individual, regardless of gender, has the opportunity to assume responsibility according to his or her personal strengths. But we are only able to fully harness the power of diversity if we manage it correctly. This is why we see diversity as a responsibility of the management and are supporting the Chefsache initiative.
“We firmly believe in the power of diversity, which is one of the keys to our business success. This is why we promote a transparent performance culture in which all employees have equal opportunities.”
The current situation
Since 2016, the Evonik Diversity Council, comprising members of the Executive Board, along with operational management, heads of regions and central corporate function has been managing and combining all of Evonik’s diversity initiatives under a single umbrella.
The Council stands for a Group-wide commitment to joint global diversity targets that exceed those required by law. Evonik’s annual Diversity Report summarizes the most important indicators, and documents progress in this area.
- Since 2011, diversity has been firmly anchored in the target agreement for managers and corporate management; since 2017 these targets have been in the form of specific KPIs.
- Introduction of diversity KPIs and reporting to create greater transparency and awareness.
- Unconscious bias training helps managers become aware of, and overcome, subconscious stereotyping as a hindrance to diversity
- Effective talent management and targeted, equitable promotion of young talent at and below management level is a major success factor.
- The “Meeting Diversity with Diversity” advertising campaign raises awareness of diversity in day-to-day work and offers employees the opportunity to exchange their own stories and experiences.
- #HumanWork: Initiative to promote flexible working conditions and work environments
- Options for a better work-life balance (part-time working, partial retirement, family care time, parental leave, child care, vacation child care, and mobile working)
- The acceptance and perception of diversity is measured through the employee survey.